Tuesday, February 13, 2018

In the News ... "Video+Gallery+Story: Ash Wednesday, Lent, Reflection and Renewal"

EPHP Photo by Steven Cottingham
• Invitation to share YOUR Lenten story

Steven Cottingham, Reporter
El Paso Herald-Post


EL PASO, TEXAS - For most of my life, this time of year, I’d always wondered about the crosses I’d see on the foreheads of some people. When I was younger, it was a mystery to me. I had often thought that they were part of some doomsday cult, walking around with ash crosses on their heads showing that we were all going to die one day.

I had to know: Why are they walking around with ashes on their heads? What is the purpose? ...

Read/watch the rest of this EPHP report ...

ADDED NOTE FROM STEVEN COTTINGHAM: "I would love to know what you are doing during the season of Lent. What have you decided to abstain from, and why? If you would like to share your Lenten story, you may contact me at the email address below."


This is the latest in a yearlong series collectively called A Year of Faith. Throughout the year Steven Cottingham will be meeting with, and bringing the stories of faith found around the Borderland. If you would like to be a part of this series, you can contact Steven by calling (915) 201-0918 or sending an e-mail to Steven@StillGoingSomewhere.com

No comments: